Availability & Resiliency
- The network design shall be simple, functional and effective. The design shall direct the implementation and integration process and enable smooth operations and management.
- The design shall be a layer/ tiered architecture emphasizing on the core, distribution and access layers.
- Design the high-availability network
- Comprehensive approach with regard to hardware and software.
- The availability of the OSWAN application services will largely depend on the availability of network. We would ensure that enough redundancy is built in to handle spikes in usages and the services are available 24x7.
We have designed the network to have fast response times within the limits defined in SLA.
Maintainability & Upgradeability
Cost & Viability
- We would maintain and upgrade the network components is critical for the long term viability of the project.
- We would deploy an appropriate network management tool to manage and monitor the network and services.
The most critical factor for success of the any project is the cost and viability of the project. The network & services shall be adhering to the requirements of OSWAN in order to have effective and meaningful purpose of OSWAN.
Open standards/ Interoperability
In any Network the interoperability mainly depends on the Protocol used. In view of the following points are taken into account while h/w & equipments are identified for OSWAN implementation:
Scalability and upgradeability
- Simplicity and Low Overhead;
- Robustness and Stability;
- Rapid Convergence;
- Flexibility and Scalability; and
- Standards based
- Scalability (Horizontal & Vertical): Connectivity is provided in the design in such a way that current hardware will be enough and will be scalable up to future requirement of bandwidth as per the RFP.
- Current Hardware sizing is done while keeping provision for Data, voice, video, Messaging, Intranet.
We will provide the requisite hardware for the OSWAN as compliance with the Scope of work defined. The hardware requirements would include the requisite hardware at the various POP along with Horizontal offices to use the OSWAN application, as well as the networking components involved in providing online connectivity between all POPs. SPANCO will provide maintenance and upkeep of all hardware installed at the various locations for the purpose of this project during the contractual period. SPANCO will provide support to the OSWAN staff in matters related to the installed hardware. SPANCO will supply the network equipment and integrate the same required for setting up the OSWAN.
We will provide requisite software for the oswan as compliance with the scope of work Defined . The software requirements would include the requisite hardware at the various POP along with Horizontal offices to use the OSWAN application, as well as the networking components involved in providing online connectivity between all POPs. SPANCO will provide maintenance and upkeep of all Software installed at the various locations for the purpose of this project during the contractual period .the software list includes operating system for servers, desktop, NMS software ,messaging solution software etc.